Sick of beer yet? We're not! Help us knock these kegs the fk out! We're doing $5 full size pours all day - that means $5 pints of normal beers like hazy IPAs and $5 for 10oz pours for the fancy stuff like sours and barrel aged beasts. We'll be doing Black Magic Sunday Brunch from 11am to 3pm and the regular dinner menu from 6pm to 10pm. We've lined up over 80 kegs of sours, hazy IPAs, and BA stouts for SF Beer Week and there will be *plenty* left for this Sunday event!
~~ LIQUOR! We're comfortable saying that ODM is one of the best, if not the very best, beer bar in SF that also has the hard stuff. If you happen to be sick of beer, or your friend/significant other/mom isn't into beer, bring them in for a Bloody Mary, Mai Tai, Old Fashioned, Negroni, shot of Fernet Francisco, or whatever cocktail tickles their spirit!
~~ ODM is open from 11AM to Midnight on Sundays. Our Black Magic Brunch menu will be in effect from 11AM to 3PM, with our regular menu going from 6PM to 10PM.
~~ All full sized pours of beer *on all 20 taps,* tons of goodies left over from our SFBW events, will be just $5!
~~ No 4oz pours today, it's all about knocking these kegs the f out!
~~ ODM has a full calendar of 9 awesome SF Beer Week events, including our Sour Sh!tstorm, Sour Sunday Brunch, Fat Tuesday, Whales of the Deep, and HazeFest II! See the deets for all of them here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/olddevilmoonSF/events/
Whether or not you're sick of beer yet by the time this final Sunday of SFBW rolls around, we've got you very much covered! See ya soon!
Bring on the Hazy Pales and IPAs...and why not a hazy hoppy sour or two! At ODM we love the hazy hop trend and typically have a couple of those pale, fruity, dank, cloudy, low-bitterness IPAs on draft. For HazeFest we're going all in, tapping a slew of ultra-fresh hoppy beers for you to enjoy and compare.
The initial tap list is sick!
1) Sante Adairius - Exclamation Mark: Enigma! DIPA - 8% ABV - super hazy DIPA with Citra, Centennial, & a big dose of Enigma
2) The Booth - EurekaSeoul IPA - 6.5% ABV - New England style IPA made with loads of Citra hops
3) Barebottle - Doom Bloom 2018 Triple IPA - 10.4% ABV - super hazy and juicy TIPA, special once a year release
4) Phantom Carriage - Super Dry Hopped Broadacres - 4.2% ABV - PC's house berliner weisse dry hopped with a ton of Simcoe
5) Freewheel - Old Devil Hands Gold - 4.1% - custom made *cask* of English pale ale with dry hopping and buddha's hand citrus
6) Sixpoint - Hootie Hoo Hazy Pale Ale - 5.4% ABV - hazy pale ale hopped with Amarillo, Citra, & Centennial
7) Epic Brewing - New England Style IPA - 7% ABV - hazy single hop IPA
8) Henhouse - Big Chicken 2018 Imperial IPA - 10% ABV - once a year special SFBW release!
9) Drake's - Hopocalypse Black Label Triple IPA - 12.5% ABV - massive once a year release TIPA w/ Warrior, Jarrylo, Polaris, Cascade, El Dorado, Idaho #7, Pekko, Simcoe, & Amarillo
10) Laughing Monk - Bayview Hazy Pomegranate IPA - 7% ABV - fruited hazy IPA
11) Temescal - Wonder Why IPA - 6.5% ABV - hazy IPA w/ Simcoe, Citra, & Loral hops
12) Grimm - Galaxy Pop! - 4.8% ABV - Dry hopped Berliner Weisse w/ galaxy hops, vanilla, & milk sugar
13) Monkey Paw - Pineapple X-Press Piña Colada IPA - 6.2% - super fruity hazy IPA with pineapple
14) FDR - Juicy Beast IPA - 7.3% ABV - hazy IPA w/ Citra, Mosaic, & El Dorado hops, fermented w/ Vermont yeast
15) Dogfish Head - 120 Minute IPA - 18% ABV - it may not be hazy, but it's a classic BEAST level IPA
16) Freewheel - English IPA - 5.2% - on cask, a special one-off dry hopped English IPA
Good stuff to know:
~~ ODM is open for HazeFest II at 11AM and we aren't shutting it down until 2AM
~~ ODM's Black Magic Beerunch menu will be happening from 11AM to 3PM, with our regular menu in effect from 6PM to midnight. We're thinking we'll grill Coney Dogs on the patio during the 3 hour gap from 3-6PM
~~ We aim to tap several beastly dark barrel aged options remaining on draft from our "Whales of the Deep" event the night prior, plus we'll be sure to have several hazy dry hopped sours!
We're definitely going to need your help finishing these ten Whales of the Deep! It's ten over 10%, dive, dive, dive!
***The tap list is subject to change as we search far and wide for our white whales, but so far we've lined up***
1) Dogfish Head - Oak-Aged Vanilla World Wide Stout - 16% ABV - dark, boozy, oaky, vanilla-y, roasty, mega imperial stout
2) The Bruery - So Happens It's Tuesday - 14.7% ABV - bourbon barrel aged imperial stout
3) Gulden Draak - Calvados Barrel Aged - 10.4% ABV - a rare Belgian Dark Strong beast produced only once!
4) Dogfish Head - 120 Minute IPA - 18% ABV - mega imperial IPA dry hopped daily every day for a month and then aged another month on whole-leaf hops
5) Firestone Walker - Helldorado - 12.8% ABV - bourbon barrel aged blonde barleywine
6) New Holland Brewing - Dragon's Milk Reserve Mocha Mint - 11% - bourbon barrel aged stout with peppermint, chocolate, and coffee character
7) Alesmith - Hawaiian Speedway Stout - 12% ABV - imperial stout with coconut, vanilla, & Ka'u coffee
8) Perennial - Abraxas 2017 - 10% ABV - imperial stout brewed with ancho chiles, cacao nibs, vanilla beans & cinnamon sticks
9) Epic Brewing - Triple Barrel Big Bad Baptist - 11.4% - blend of coconut & Blue Copper’s Colombian coffee beans aged in fresh whiskey barrels with imperial stout aged in both rum & whiskey barrels
10) North Coast - Old Stock Cellar Reserve 2015 - 14.5% ABV - bourbon barrel aged old ale
MEGA BONUS 1) Modern Times - Monster's Park Super Cuvee - 14% ABV - an insane blend of Tequila Monster's Park, Bourbon BA Monster's Park, Bourbon BA Devil's Teeth, & Rye Whiskey BA Haunted Stars conditioned on Bourbon BA cacao nibs
MEGA BONUS 2) Oskar Blues - 2017 Rum Barrel Aged Death by Coconut - 11% ABV - super limited release (only 5 kegs in the Bay Area) of the awesome Death by Coconut aged for 9 months in rum barrels
BONUS 2) BFM (Brasserie des Franches-Montagnes) - Abbaye De Saint Bon-Chien Special 20th Anniversary Edition - 11% ABV - sour biere de garde aged in Bordeaux Grand Cru wine barrels (we'll tap however much is left after our Sour Sh!tstorm event the previous weekend)
So sayeth the Urban Dictionary: "a White Whale is something you obsess over to the point that it nearly or completely destroys you." These white whales are within your reach on Friday the 16th of SF Beer Week. See you there!
P.S. awesome sloppy seconds from our previous sour and other events will be pouring on the other 10 taps, yum!
If you didn't know, Bernal is a great 'hood for beer! A few Bernal bars are teaming up for an SF Beer Week Bernal Pub Crawl featuring Marin Brewing and Monkey Paw out of San Diego. Come have a special beer from each of these breweries at Old Devil Moon, Holy Water, St Mary's Pub, and Rock Bar.
Joining us on the crawl will be:
Arne Johnson - head brewer of Marin Brewing
Scot Blair - owner of Monkey Paw & Hamilton's in San Diego
* Marin - TBD
* Marin - TBD
* Monkey Paw - Pineapple Xpress - 5.2% ABV - hazy Northeastern-style IPA
* Monkey Paw - Mighty Joe Young - 5.9% ABV - roasty American Stout
We'll list all the special Marin & Monkey Paw beers we'll be pouring this evening when we lock them in.
* We're one of a the Bay Area bars releasing HenHouse's Big Chicken IIIPA this evening. Big Chicken is a 10% ABV, once-a-year-release, Triple IPA from one of Sonoma's top producers! It's not to be missed.
* We've got "Just Jacquie" popping up in the kitchen with some excellent Valentine's Day specialities that'll pair beautifully with all the special beer we'll have on draft from all our previous SFBW events! Check out the menu:
~~ Arugula salad with pomegranates, candied almonds, honey vinaigrette spheres and sheep cheese $13
~~ Sweet potato gnocchetti with basil pesto and olive oil powder $14
~~ Tempura fried asparagus spears with pine nut romanesco, slow egg and truffle foam $15
~~ Cardamom crusted lamb with cilantro mousse and persimmon chutney on caraway pita chips $17
~~ Albacore tuna sashimi with blood orange gelée, avocado, ginger foam and honey powder $18
~~ Gluten-free chocolate blackout cake with almond nougatine, vanilla pearls and coconut sorbet $12
Mardi Gras is during SF Beer Week this year and we'd love for you to come celebrate with us at Old Devil Moon! All year 'round at ODM we do great NOLA-influenced fare and a cocktail program with a Louisiana bent, but we're taking it to the next level for Fat Tuesday:
~ Got a VERY special & limited keg for Fat Tuesday:
Modern Times - Haunted Stars w/ NOLA Coffee - 8% ABV - rye imperial porter with New Orleans-style coffee that provides notes of coffee, chicory, and vanilla
~ Music - we'll be streaming the Mardi Gras celebrations on WWOZ (NOLAs best radio station, go stream it right now) and jamming out to great NOLA jazz and marching bands all night
~ Special Mardi Gras keg - we're working on choosing a special keg to celebrate with. We know, we know, Abita, it's being considered ;)
~ Food Special - we're leaning towards doing a special *jambalaya*, final details will be announced here when the decision is made! Our kitchen is always open from 6-10PM on weeknights.
~ Zapp's Chips - we'll have a variety of NOLA's favorite potato chip available including Voodoo, Cajun Crawtator, and Sweet Creole Onion
~ King Cakes - we're getting a bunch of traditional King Cakes made by a local bakery to share with the crowd
~ It's SF Beer Week - ODM's everyday draft list is one of the best in SF, but during SFBW it's off the chart. The sloppy seconds from our Sour Saturday Sh!tstorm and our Won't You Be My Neighbor event on Monday will be pouring.
If you can't be in NOLA for the Mardi Gras, laissez les bon temps rouler at ODM!
Join us for an evening hang out session with some of our fave nearby brewers and taste all their goods in one place. ODM's neighbors in the 'hood and in the industry have been really great to us and we're stoked to feature them on our tap list throughout the year and at this special event. We'll be featuring fresh kegs from our good friends, including:
* Barebottle - Doom Bloom 2018 - 10.4% ABV - hazy New England style Triple IPA
* Triple Voodoo - Imperial Mocha Shake Porter - 8% ABV - rich milk chocolate coffee porter made with lactose, conditioned on vanilla beans, TCHO chocolate cocoa nibs, & Sightglass coffee
* Old Bus Tavern - yet unnamed lager - 5.5% ABV - made with 100% Admiral Malting's Gallagher's Best malt & lightly hopped w/ Hallertau and Equinox
* Laughing Monk - Pluot Pulpit - ??ABV - Belgian tripel with pluots
--- On cask: English IPA specially dry hopped with TBD trendy hops!
--- On draft: Mind The Gap IPA - 6.8% ABV - big English style IPA finished with citrusy American hops
* Ferment Drink Repeat - Juicy Beast NEIPA - 6% ABV - hazy IPA fermented with Vermont yeast and hopped with Citra, Mosiac, and El Dorado
* Standard Deviant - Altbier - 5.6% ABV - German style amber ale that's lagered to be extra smooth
We'll have happy hour prices going until 6PM for everyone and all night for service industry folks ($1 off all pints & house cocktails). Our other beer handles will be pouring awesome sloppy seconds from our weekend sour beer events. Don't forget, we also do cocktails and have a full menu of NOLA-influenced bites. Yum!
Note: Stay tuned, we'll be updating this event page tap list and adding meet-the-brewer/brewery rep info as it is confirmed.
Sunday brunch is awesome. Sour beer is awesome. Mash up!
It's simple, on the first day of SF Beer Week, Saturday the 10th, we're doing our epic Sour Saturday Sh!tstorm event and as much sour beer as will be consumed that day (a sh!tload), there will be PLENTY left for Black Magic Sour Sunday Beer Brunch. Sure, some of the heaviest hitters will blow on Saturday, like the Sante Adairius & Rare Barrel stuff, but we figure there will be around 12-14 partially full kegs left.
Not only that, but we're holding back a few VERY special kegs just for our Black Magic Sour Sunday Beer Brunch! We were going to make it a surprise, but what the hell, you need to know about these:
1) Boon - Boon Oude Lambik - 6.5% - unblended lambic, while it can be found in Belgium it is super rare to experience this in the US
2) Boon - Oude Kriek - 6.5% - wild cherry lambic
3) Hanssens - Oudbeitje - 6% - strawberry lambic, made in small batches and only a few kegs made it to the west coast of the US
4) BFM - Abbaye De Saint Bon-Chien Special 20th Anniv Edition - 11% ABV - one time release, sour biere de garde aged in Bordeaux Grand Cru wine barrels
5) Schneider - 2014 Cuvee Barrique - 9.5% - vintage sour, blend of wine barrel aged Aventinus & Aventinus Eisbock
6) Brouwerij Bockor N.V. - Cuvée Des Jacobins Prestige - 7.1% - one time release, a blend of 24 month-old foedrebier, spontaneously fermented & blended from foedres IX, XI, and XIV
7) Alvinne - Kriek van Mortagne - 9.5% - a blend of 60% Kerasus 2014 & 40% Cuvee de Mortagne aged in St Emilion wine barrels
~~ ODM's Black Magic Sour Beer Brunch goes from 11AM to 3PM (the regular dinner menu is in effect from 6-10PM).
~~ ODM is open on Sundays until midnight, so if you can't make beeruch, come in later!
~~ We'll be pouring all the killer sours left over from the Sour Saturday Sh!tstorm event. We figure there will be about 14 partially full kegs, some more full than others. Help us kick those sours!
~~ In addition, we're tapping a VERY special surprise keg on Sunday. Seriously, it isn't like, just another humdrum sour.
~~ We have full liquor, so if a Bloody Mary or Maria is more your speed (or your non-beer-geek-partner's speed!), we've got you all covered.
~~ Black Magic Brunch goodies include Huevos Rancheros; Loco Moco; Shrimp & Griddled Grits; a Breakfast Sammy; French Toast Dippers; Fried Chicken Sliders; and Cheddar Biscuits & Gravy. Many of these are available vegetarian.
~~ ODM has a ridiculous line up of SF Beer Week events, one every day, including Whales of the Deep, Fat Tuesday, and HazeFest II. Check them all out here: https://www.facebook.com/olddevilmoonSF/events
See you there!
Start SF Beer Week 2018 right with hella sours! in 2017 we lined up kegs from a veritable sh!tstorm of incredible breweries including Sante Adairius, The Rare Barrel, De Garde, Grimm, Toolbox, Panil, Modern Times, Propolis, Mad Fritz, Phantom Carriage, Almanac, Libertine, Lost Abbey, The Bruery, and more! We're doing the same and even raising the game for 2018. Here's the list of kegs we've lined up so far:
1) The Rare Barrel - TBD
2) Propolis - Pi - 7.5% - Syrah barrel aged golden ale with strawberries & rhubarb
3) Phantom Carriage - Super Dry Hopped Broadacres - 4.2% ABV - PC's house berliner weisse dry hopped with a ton of Simcoe
4) Sante Adairius Rustic Ales - Saison Bernice - 6.5% - sour farmhouse ale
5) Almanac - Hibiscus Ginger Lime - 6.9% - oak aged sour farmhouse beer w/ hibiscus, ginger, & lime
6) The Collective Brewing Project - American Sour Red - 6.5% - amber sour from a fairly new brewery doing sours out of TX
7) Firestone Walker - Sour Opal - 5% - oak aged golden sour
8) Upland - Kiwi - 6% - oak aged sour with kiwis
9) Cascade - Sang Royal - 10.1% - blend of sour amber ales oak aged with Cab Sauv grapes & aged in Port & Pinot Noir barrels
10) Cascade - Vlad the Imp Aler - 10.6% - sour wood aged pale Quadruppel
11) Avery - Amicitia - 8.2% - sour ale aged in Cab Sauv barrels
12) Mission Trail Caribbean Cold Front - 6.7% - white plum Jerkum with guava, soursop, & cranberries
13) Epic Brewing - Common Interests - 7.4% - mixed-fermentation ale w/ Oregon red wheat, matured in first-use oak foedres, & re-fermented with Colorado honeydew melons
14) Grimm Artisanal - Galaxy Pop! - Berliner Weiss - 4.8% - Dry hopped Berliner Weisse style ale brewed with galaxy hops vanilla and milk sugar.
15) Mad Fritz - The Lion & Other Beasts - 5% - oak aged Belgian grisette fermented with Brett Brux
16) Modern Times - Lightning Helix - 6.2% - lemon saison aged in red wine barrels
17) BarrelHouse Brewing - Cherry Flanders - 7.4% - flanders red with cherries
18) Allagash - Allagash Avancé - 9.7% - Allagash Four, brewed with a variety of sugars and yeast and bacteria strains, aged in bourbon barrels with strawberries
19) Bruery Terreux - Sour In the Rye POG - 7.3% - special edition of this classic oak aged sour rye ale with added passionfruit, orange and guava
20) a sessionable light beer to cleanse the palate
BONUS) 100 cans of Kukmin hazy IPA from The Booth Brewing!
* ODM is opening at 11AM for this special event. The sours keep pouring until 2AM.
* We'll be serving brunch until 3PM. Our regular dinner menu will be in effect from 6PM to midnight.
* We always do 4 oz, 10 oz, & pint pours of everything (unless it's really strong or ridiculously expensive/rare, then no pints).
* This is a BYO antacids event.
* The following day is our Black Magic Sour Sunday Beer Brunch and we'll be tapping another 7 sours to go with whatever is left from the Sh!tstorm, so if you can't make it to the Sh!tstorm you may miss out on some of the heaviest hitters, but we've got you covered the next day, too! Details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1980623692263508
* ODM has a ridiculous line up of SF Beer Week events, one every day, including Whales of the Deep, Fat Tuesday, and HazeFest II. Check them all out here: https://www.facebook.com/olddevilmoonSF/events
Old Devil Moon is turning 1! Come celebrate with us Saturday the 23rd starting at 12 noon and going until 2AM. Here's what you can look forward to:
* We've lined up an absurdly special list of beers. We'll be tapping a new special keg every hour on the hour from 1PM to 10PM. You can view the list we're opening with at noon below, with hints added on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/events/1762248464068199 - between now and the event about what else is being tapped throughout the day.
* We'll be grilling up 1/4 lb Coney Dogs on the back patio from about noon-ish to 4PM. As always, the regular food menu goes from 6PM to midnight.
* Live tunes and steel guitar by local bluesman Derek Fairchild
* We're rolling out an updated food menu with new items including fried pickle spears using local producer Paulie's Pickling special ODM pickles
* We're rolling out an updated cocktail menu with new items including a new daiquiri, a tiki inspired cocktail, a new daiquiri, a negroni variant on draft, and two new mezcal-based cocktails.
* We'll have new tees available featuring the ouija board inspired design you see above in the event pic
And perhaps most importantly, the ridiculous beer list. Below is the opening salvo of kegs we'll have on tap at noon. Another awesome beer will be tapped every hour on the hour until we hit 20 kegs at 10PM. We'll post new hints about what beer will be tapped until the list below is full. It's an insane selection of sours, juicy hoppy beers, & barrel aged beasts:
OPENING NOON LIST
* Sante Adairius - Lucybelle - 5.3% - funky saison finished with Brettanomyces
* Sante Adairius - fresh beer TDB
* Almanac - Farmer's Reserve Blackberry - 7.0% - ODM's anniversary is the only place this sour blonde w/ loads of blackberries will be sold outside the Almanac taproom!
* The Rare Barrel - Hyper Paradise - 6.3% - 2017 club-only beer #4, blend of saison & golden sour beer aged in oak barrels w/ mangoes & passionfruit
* Cellarmaker - something hoppy TBD
* Modern Times & Cloudwater - Roots of Coincidence - 5.2% - limited release juicy & hazy collaboration Pale Ale
* Temescal Brewing - Staycation IPA - 7.3% - taproom only release, hazy tropical fruit forward IPA made with Mosaic, Motueka and Simcoe hops
* Freewheel & ODM collab - 7.1% - Hogo Tropical Stout draft version, a fruit and cocoa forward stout style popular in the Carribean
* Avery - The Beast Grand Cru - 18% - Belgian STRONG Ale
* Freewheel - FSB - 4.7% - English Bitter on cask
1PM) A beast of an anniversary beer from not too far down south, this 2015 blend of barrel aged goodies has been perfectly cellared for two years.
All of us at ODM are humbled and beyond stoked with the awesome reception our neighbors in Bernal, the Mission, SF, and the Bay Area craft beer community have given us during our first year in business. We couldn't do all this without your support. Thank you so much from the bottoms of our devilish hearts. Here's to another great year!
On 4/19 (a day early!) we'll have the good folks from Lagunitas at ODM for their yearly Waldo's Special Ale release. Waldo's Special is their DANKEST Double IPA of the year and is a celebration the whole "420" thing. We'll also be pouring their Dark Swan sour and Davey Murray's Best Scotch ale, as well as 17 other awesome beers from other breweries! Also, the Bay Area Beer Shares Meetup group will be on hand, so definitely come if you enjoy meeting new beer geeks. See you there from 5-midnight!
Aren't you sick of beer yet? We're definitely ready for a cocktail...maybe even a fancy beer cocktail or paired boilermaker. It's SPIRITOUS SUNDAY at ODM, y'all!
We're comfortable saying that ODM is one of the best, if not the very best, beer bar in SF that also has the hard stuff. So why not come in for some whisky, rum, or whatever tickles your fancy? We'll be whipping up special beer cocktails (and not just the b.s. kind where Pilsner replaces soda water), our regular fancy cocktails, and we'll be giving folks a sneak peak of our paired boilermaker menu that we will be releasing in the near future.
On top of all that, loads of insanely great beer left from half a dozen events all week will still be on draft (the sloppy seconds continue!). So whether you are or are not sick of beer yet, we've got you very much covered.
Update: the Eye of the Avocado pop up will be serving brunchy egg sandos at ODM from 12-3!
It's ODM's Sloppy Seconds Sour Saturday Sh1tstorm!
Seriously though, come get you some of the insanely great sours and other barrel aged goodies left over from a looooong week of amazing beer at ODM. We'll be swapping out 8-16 kegs per night every day of SF Beer Week. There will be LOTS of killer stuff left near the end. We're creating an institution around what many beer geeks already know about SF Beer Week events: go the day after a big event, when the crowds are gone, and you'll usually find a lot of the great beer is still available on draft! Sloppy seconds!
To boot, Freewheel Brewing will be on hand with two cask ales and a third on draft. The Freewheel team will be there to meet and greet their drinking public. ODM and our regulars LOVE Freewheel and tear through their casks of wonderful English ales at a prodigious rate. Come and share the love with us and have yourself an Imperial Pint of something sessionable.
Avoid the huge crowds elsewhere and appreciate all that good stuff you missed at ODM all week long! Plus Freewheel! What else do you need to know?
Almanac Beer Co & Fernet Francisco are two truly Fantastic Beasts...and you can find them at ODM!
We will be pouring the full Almanac line up of sours and barrel aged beasts, plus a few special picks from Almanac's archives. Here's what we've got lined up so far:
- Fernet Francisco Barrel Aged Sour (Name TBD)
- Valley of the Hearts Delight
- Blueberry Jack
- Don't Call it Frisco DIPA
- Sunshine & Opportunity
- Grand Cru Red
- Grand Cru White
- Farmer's Reserve Strawberry
We'll have bottles of the Almanac barrel aged Fernet Francisco, Malbec barrel aged FF, and regular FF on draft (as always!). We'll have Almanac + Fernet Francisco boilermakers and special Fernet Francisco cocktails such as the Frankie Old Fashioned, Hanky Panky, and Mission Mule. We're even doing a special FF Oyster Rockefeller Po Boy, so come hungry.
The producers from both Almanac and Fernet Francisco will be on hand to meet the public.
Admission will be $20 at the door (or bar) for 5 tickets. 1 ticket gets you a 4oz pour of any Almanac beer. 2 tickets gets you a shot of Fernet Francisco. You can pay with cash or card at the bar.
North Bay beer culture has always been strong, but it has exploded over the past year or two and we don't always see some of their best stuff in SF. Come celebrate the North Bay with us, we'll have draft selections from the likes of:
* Mad Fritz (Napa, CA)
* Plow (Santa Rosa, CA)
* WoodFour (Sebastopol, CA)
* Lagunitas (Petaluma, CA) (2017 High Westified BA Imp Stout!)
* Marin Brewing (Marin, CA)
* HenHouse (Santa Rosa, CA)
* Bear Republic (Healdsburg, CA)
Get a taste of the East Bay! We're featuring kegs from our favorite breweries over yonder. We'll have a bunch of draft selections from:
* The Rare Barrel (Berkeley, CA)
* Temescal Brewing (Oakland, CA)
* Fieldwork Brewing (Berkeley, CA)
* Plus more, including Drake's Black Label triple IPA!
The good folks from Temescal Brewing will be on hand to meet and greet.
Also, Sneaky's BBQ will be dishing up the smokey meaty goodness, so come hungry!
All profits from this event will go to the Institute for Myeloma & Bone Cancer Research (imbcr.org). Tickets available here.
Bring your sweetheart to Old Devil Moon for a truly special Valentine's Day dinner where you get to skip straight to dessert! Wicked Pete Slosberg & Chris Cohen have prepared a fabulous beer and chocolate pairing event for you at ODM. They'll introduce and discuss each of 8 wonderful and nuanced pairings. Pete is making several chocolates for the event and we're excited to be working with Berkeley's TCHO chocolate for the others.
Pete Slosberg is a legend in craft beer and artisanal chocolate. He founded Pete’s Brewing Company, producer of the famed "Pete's Wicked Ale" that was one of the 80's and 90's biggest names in craft beer. He followed that up with "Cocoa Pete's Chocolate Adventures." Pete's efforts over several decades have been instrumental in educating people about great beer and chocolate. Needless to say, Pete is an expert in both, including pairing them.
Chris Cohen is a partner at Old Devil Moon, one of 27 Advanced Cicerones, a National BJCP judge, co-founder of the SF Homebrewers Guild, and the author of the Beer Scholar Study Guides for the Cicerone Exams. He can't wait to host you at ODM during SF Beer Week 2017!
This is ODM's only ticketed Beer Week event, we will open for business to the public at the end of the event. Attendees are invited to remain on hand after the tasting for more great beer, cocktails, and NOLA-inspired bites.
Mr. Rogers told us to be good neighbors and at ODM we're totally on board. Lots of excellent new breweries have opened in SF over the last year and we're excited to feature a bunch of them so you can taste the goods all in one place! We'll be featuring fresh kegs from our friends at:
* Barebottle - Doom Bloom (Northeast style *triple* IPA!)
* Ferment Drink Repeat - English Brown Porter on Raspberries
* Old Bus Tavern - Wookie's Delight IIPA
* Black Sands - Citra SMaSH IPA
* Laughing Monk - Coffee & Cream
Also, the good folks from Old Bus Tavern & Black Sands will be on hand to hang out and meet the drinking public!
P.S. Don't forget, our other 15 handles will be pouring all the sloppy seconds from the previous nights, too. Oh yeah, we also do cocktails plus great NOLA-influenced po boys, hush puppies, and bread pudding. Yum!
At ODM we're huge fans of what's going on with the SoCal brewing scene right now and you see that reflected in our draft list every day. So while this may be SF Beer Week, we think SoCal deserves a night all to themselves. Here's what we'll be putting on draft this evening:
Phantom Carriage - Cell 14-D
Phantom Carriage - Centennial Muis
Lost Abbey - Cuvee de Tomme
Bruery - Humulus Terreux
Modern Times - Fruitlands
Modern Times - Golden Pineapple IPA
Eagle Rock - Tarte Noir
Eagle Rock - La Suerte
Stone - Old Guardian 2013
Toolbox - Cucumberliner
Green Flash - Sepia Frumento
Update: the Eye of the Avocado pop up will be serving brunchy egg sandos at ODM from 12-3!
Start SF Beer Week off right with hella sours! We have kegs lined up from a veritable sh!tstorm of incredible breweries, with more to be announced!
* Sante Adairius (Capitola, CA)
* The Rare Barrel (Berkeley, CA)
* Mad Fritz (Napa, CA in their debut at an SF bar!)
* Grimm Artisanal (Brooklyn, NY)
* Toolbox (San Diego, CA)
* Panil (Italy)
* Paradox (CO)
* Flat Tail (OR)
* Propolis (OR)
* Phantom Carriage (LA, CA)
* Almanac (SF, CA)
* The Lost Abbey (San Marcos, CA) (Cuvée de Tomme!)
* Libertine (SLO, CA)
* We'll be doing bottle pours of some vintage sours in addition to the many draft options
* More to come!
ODM is opening early for this special event. We'll be open from noon to 2AM.
We'll be selling 5 tickets for 4oz pours for $20 at the door (or at the bar for those without cash). Further pours will be available for $4 each at the bar for those who want to sample more. 10 oz pours will also be available for all beers, plus pints of non-sour palate cleansers.
FYI this is a BYO antacids event ;)
Old Devil Moon accepts cash or cards. Don't forget to tip your bartender!
On Monday, Nov 14th, the biggest Supermoon for a generation will be peeking up from the horizon. Check it out from the big windows in the front of ODM, from our patio, or come down for a hot drink after seeing it from the top of Bernal Hill!
We'll be pouring hot mulled wine all night to keep you warm and cozy.
We'll also be doing our Delirium for Two boilermaker, because full moons make you crazy! For that we take two 10 oz glasses, rinse them with Fernet, pour 1 oz gin in the glass, then pour Delirium Tremens golden Belgian strong ale over it.
Science Alert says: If you only see one astronomical event this year, make it the November supermoon, when the Moon will be the closest to Earth it’s been since January 1948. During the event, which will happen on the eve of November 14, the Moon will appear up to 14 percent bigger and 30 percent brighter than an average full moon. This is the closest the Moon will get to Earth until 25 November 2034, so you really don’t want to miss this one.
Fernet is one of San Francisco's favorite bitter liquors and here at Old Devi Moon we love us some Fernet Francisco. We love it so much we always have it on tap! Fernet Francisco loves us back, so they'll be at ODM this Friday night to release their untra-limited (90 cases total) new Highway 12 Winery Malbec barrel aged Fernet Francisco for you to try. ODM will be doing a special menu of cocktails, a beer & shot special, and a special sando. Check it out:
The Argentine: FF, cola, cardamom bitters
Frankie Old Fashioned: FF, JM Sirop, cardamom bitters
Hanky Panky: gin, sweet vermouth, FF
Mission Mule: FF, tequila, lime, ginger beer
Special $10 beer & shot combo: Almanac Pils + Fernet Francisco
Po Frankie sando - ODM's Oyster Rockefeller Po Boy with a twist - fried gulf oysters, crispy Avedano's tasso, a special Fernet Francisco-spinach-butter sauce and parmesan cheese on toasted French bread
Come get your Fernet on, San Francisco!
Come celebrate (or cry) with ODM this Election Day! We'll have full election coverage on our 100 inch screen and projector.
If you're like the rest of us, you're constantly suppressing the urge to grab your drink by the p*$$#, so ODM's Election Night special is the $10 Hanky Panky: gin, sweet vermouth, and Fernet Francisco. It's been a long time coming, let's do this, ladies!
Halloween is our fave holiday at Old Devil Moon! We'll be even creepier than usual all week, starting on Monday, Oct 23rd and lasting through Halloween. Come check out the ODM haunted mansion! Enjoy the fun all week but come in costume on Friday and Saturday night for our 1st Annual ODM Halloween Party! We'll be doing a special beer list that'll include a slate of our favorite pumpkin beers (don't hate!) and other Fall seasonals, plus some special cocktails which may, or may not, contain floating eyeballs. Hot mulled wine will also be on the menu.
Come join Lagunitas for the release of their ultra-fresh Born Yesterday Pale Ale! You'll get a free glass with purchase! We'll also have their Willets Bourbon Barrel aged stout on hand, pints of Little Sumpin', and cans of their 12th of Never session IPA. Release starts at 5 and goes until close at midnight. See you there!
This weekend ODM will feature several taps of great German beer not typically found at US craft beer joints. Try a helles, Germany's most popular beer, a rich dense doppelbock, an intensely smokey rauchbier, and a copper dunkles weissbier on draft, among others. We'll have bratwurst po boys and pretzels to pair.
The Almanac Beer Co gang will be at Old Devil Moon in full force this Friday with a slate of their special new sours, barrel aged goodies, a new super fresh DIPA, plus a special dark sour from their cellared archive! Check out this killer list, each of which will be available in 4 oz tasters or 10 oz full pours, plus full 16 oz pints in the case of the Craft Pilsner:
Truthful Statement 2015 (9% ABV) - This vintage dark sour was originally released in 2015 and has been aging gracefully in Almanac’s cellar. Truthful Statement was inspired by the flavors of the classic Old Fashioned cocktail. This imperial stout has been soured and aged in Woodford Reserve bourbon barrels with sweet Bing cherries and freshly zested oranges for a rich and tart dark sour beer. We encourage you to pair Truthful Statement with ODM’s roast beef po boy.
Farmer's Reserve Raspberry (6.8% ABV) - This sour blonde ale is aged in wine barrels with raspberries to create Almanac’s version of the classic Framboise. They sourced the raspberries from farms in the Santa Cruz mountain area, where the warm days and cool nights result in perfect fruit with complex flavor and a ruby red-color. The final product highlights big fruit flavor from Coastal California and it’s a real treat. We encourage you to pair this with ODM’s fried Gulf oyster po boy.
Hoppy Sour Amarillo (6.8% ABV) - The latest in their hoppy sour series, Almanac’s Hoppy Sour Amarillo is a brettanomyces farmhouse ale fermented in large wood foedres and then dosed with an intense IPA-style dry hopping prior to kegging and bottling. The result is a pale sour with huge bursts of peach, pineapple and tangerine aroma and flavors that blend perfectly with the Brett funkiness. We encourage you to pair this with ODM’s fried Gulf shrimp po boy.
Never Say Never Double IPA (8% ABV) - Once upon a time you wouldn't think of Almanac when you thought "IPA," but as they discovered, "never say you won’t brew an IPA." Lucky for us, they went for it and their regular release IPA and this special release Never Say Never Double IPA are amazing! Almanac dry-hopped the hell out of the Never Say Never DIPA with Mosaic, Equinox, and Motueka for huge bursts of mango, citrus, blueberry and papaya aroma. We encourage you to pair Never Say Never with ODM's roast beef po boy.
Barbary Barrel Noir (10.2% ABV) - For this Barrel Noir release Almanac aged their imperial stout in Woodford Reserve bourbon barrels with chili peppers, cocoa nibs, vanilla, and sea salt. This is a decadent, oaky, dense-bodied beer that we encourage you to pair with ODM's bread pudding with chicory anglaise.
Lavender Honey de Brettaville (6.5% ABV) - This oak-fermented Brett golden base beer is finished with lavender from Eatwell Farms in Dixon, California and aromatic wildflower honey for a funky, floral pale sour. With a nose of meyer lemons, aromatic botanicals, and bosc pear, this is an easy drinking delight. We recommend you pair this with ODM’s hush puppies with whipped honey butter.
Craft Pilsner (4.8% ABV) - Almanac makes one of the best new Pilsners around and we're proud to have it available at ODM at all times, whether on draft or in cans! It's a fabulously crisp and crushable palate cleanser we encourage you to sip between doses of their flavorful sours and dense Noir. Almanac makes their Craft Pilsner with 100% pils malt but adds a West Coast twist by dry hopping it with Citra, Mosaic, Simcoe, and Mandarina Bavaria hops for melon and citrus on the nose.