Sunday brunch is awesome. Sour beer is awesome. Mash up!
It's simple, on the first day of SF Beer Week, Saturday the 10th, we're doing our epic Sour Saturday Sh!tstorm event and as much sour beer as will be consumed that day (a sh!tload), there will be PLENTY left for Black Magic Sour Sunday Beer Brunch. Sure, some of the heaviest hitters will blow on Saturday, like the Sante Adairius & Rare Barrel stuff, but we figure there will be around 12-14 partially full kegs left.
Not only that, but we're holding back a few VERY special kegs just for our Black Magic Sour Sunday Beer Brunch! We were going to make it a surprise, but what the hell, you need to know about these:
1) Boon - Boon Oude Lambik - 6.5% - unblended lambic, while it can be found in Belgium it is super rare to experience this in the US
2) Boon - Oude Kriek - 6.5% - wild cherry lambic
3) Hanssens - Oudbeitje - 6% - strawberry lambic, made in small batches and only a few kegs made it to the west coast of the US
4) BFM - Abbaye De Saint Bon-Chien Special 20th Anniv Edition - 11% ABV - one time release, sour biere de garde aged in Bordeaux Grand Cru wine barrels
5) Schneider - 2014 Cuvee Barrique - 9.5% - vintage sour, blend of wine barrel aged Aventinus & Aventinus Eisbock
6) Brouwerij Bockor N.V. - Cuvée Des Jacobins Prestige - 7.1% - one time release, a blend of 24 month-old foedrebier, spontaneously fermented & blended from foedres IX, XI, and XIV
7) Alvinne - Kriek van Mortagne - 9.5% - a blend of 60% Kerasus 2014 & 40% Cuvee de Mortagne aged in St Emilion wine barrels
~~ ODM's Black Magic Sour Beer Brunch goes from 11AM to 3PM (the regular dinner menu is in effect from 6-10PM).
~~ ODM is open on Sundays until midnight, so if you can't make beeruch, come in later!
~~ We'll be pouring all the killer sours left over from the Sour Saturday Sh!tstorm event. We figure there will be about 14 partially full kegs, some more full than others. Help us kick those sours!
~~ In addition, we're tapping a VERY special surprise keg on Sunday. Seriously, it isn't like, just another humdrum sour.
~~ We have full liquor, so if a Bloody Mary or Maria is more your speed (or your non-beer-geek-partner's speed!), we've got you all covered.
~~ Black Magic Brunch goodies include Huevos Rancheros; Loco Moco; Shrimp & Griddled Grits; a Breakfast Sammy; French Toast Dippers; Fried Chicken Sliders; and Cheddar Biscuits & Gravy. Many of these are available vegetarian.
~~ ODM has a ridiculous line up of SF Beer Week events, one every day, including Whales of the Deep, Fat Tuesday, and HazeFest II. Check them all out here: https://www.facebook.com/olddevilmoonSF/events
See you there!